March 6, 2012

Rules for Our Home

Here's a little post for your refrigerator!  We formulated these rules based on the current state of lots of Lilliputians in the house.  ....believe me, sometimes the very first rule is the hardest!

May the Lord bless your home with His order and peace!

______________________________________________________


Rules for Our Home

1 - Always have a joyous grateful attitude, even when no one else is looking.  (Psalm 34:1)

2 - JOY:  Jesus first; Others next; Yourself last.  Wait your turn patiently and help others. (Mark 12:30-31)

3 - Always be honest and respectful.  Take good care of everything and everyone God has given us. (Luke 16:10, 2 Corinthians 8:21, I Timothy 3:4, Exodus 20:12, Ephesians 6:4)

4 - Always be kind in your words and actions.  Treat others as you would wish to be treated.  (Matthew 7:12)

5 - Always clean up your own mess. Play with one toy at a time and put things back where they belong.  (Numbers 1:50, Numbers 3:31, I Chronicles 9:29, John 2:19)

6 - Always wonder.  Explore, seek, and learn something new whenever you can.  (Luke 9:43)

7 - Always live a balanced life.  Think, learn, pray, work, play, and enjoy something every day.  (Eph. 5:10)

8 - Never raise a hand to hit nor throw things.  (Exodus 21:12)

9 - Never let the sun set on your wrath.  (Ephesians 4:26)

10 - Always say, “Goodnight, I love you!”


4 comments:

Allison said...

These are lovely. Going to put up a link to this on Catholic Pinterest.

Ave Momma said...

Dear Allison - THANK YOU so much! As I like to say in homeschooling, not every day will be perfect, but every day WILL be blessed! :-D

C S said...

Love! I work for Seton, would you mind if I posted this in our newsletter? I would credit you of course. I think these are just wonderful! My email is: clareschmitt@setonhome.org.

Ave Momma said...

Dear Clare - THANK YOU so very much for your kind words! I would be humbled and delighted for you to share these with the Seton Homestudy School family. We have six children and use Seton to homeschool, so please let me know if there is anything I may do on my website to be supportive of Seton. Thank you!