Well, a friend graciously shared the following recipe and I couldn't resist sharing it with you! Give it ten minutes to make, then 20 minutes to cool in the freezer while you run upstairs and change, and *voila!* You're off to your party with a delicious, festive, homemade, hostess gift in hand!
I've used this several times already, with great success (and my skill level in the kitchen ranks, "Inept"). Enjoy!
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. confectioners' sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. nuts (optional)
- Mix milk, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt in heavy saucepan.
- Cook at medium heat until boiling. Boil exactly six minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, cocoa, and confectioners' sugar.
- Beat with mixer until smooth and thick. Add nuts, if desired.
- Pour into a buttered 9x9 pan and freeze just 20 minutes (otherwise it's too hard to cut).
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!
May Our Lady be your Joy this Advent as she leads you through the Rosary to the Manger, ever closer to the Sacred Heart of her Infant Son, the Prince of Peace, Jesus! Vive Jesu!